I am ending this year as I mean to go on.
I have joined the Happiness Project's group thingo and the newsletter. I really do want to seek happiness. I know that I am a better mom when I am happy. I know that I am a better wife when I am happy. I know that I am a better friend when I am happy. I know that I am a better person when I am happy. I know that I am nicer to myself when I am happy. So this year, 2011, I am striving to be happy. No promises to do something every day, but just the attempt to choose happiness whenever possible.
The word for 2011 is
simplifyI am cleaning out cupboards and closets and purging. It started with the craft room a few months ago, and I am proud that not only can I walk in there, I can find things that I want to work on. I will strive to keep it that way, and to keep the creativity flowing. I am happy when I am creating. I am happy making things, when my hands are busy. I will strive to include creative things in my daily life more, and not to get so overwhelmed and bogged down in the day to day grind. Even 15 minutes a day of knitting or sewing or whatever will boost my mood. So I need to make it a priority to take the time.
And having a clutter free area makes me breathe easier. It makes me feel lighter. So I need to maintain this feeling of contentment. And simplify. And enjoy life.
No comments:
Post a Comment