Monday, September 20, 2010

Funkatude

Today's horoscope hit me right in the gut:
Your appetite for the good things in life could compel you to get a hold of more than you need today. It might be that your need for material things is a physical substitute for a lack of satisfaction with the ways things are going in your life. Learning to find fulfillment in yourself and your life as it is in the present could help you fill any sense of emptiness you may have.
Pow. As I sit here, in my kitchen, with stuff on every surface to where you can't even see the kitchen island, and a living room that just has stuff everywhere (some of it is my pile to bring up to the cabin, but still), and a craft room that could be on Hoarders, this horoscope is me.

I don't know how to describe it, nor really what is wrong. But it is just this general feeling of funk. Of seeing the piles of crap and knowing that I should pick them up, that I would feel better if my space "rose up to greet me" like Oprah says, but then just going and sitting and watching some TV instead. I've finished my knitting projects, so nothing is on the needles. So I just sit and watch crap TV. It's not me. It's a deep funk. I need to kick my ass out of it, but I'm not sure what will do it. Maybe just this horoscope, if I keep thinking that all these little things are good things, maybe I can control my life instead of the stuff controlling me.

Like how The Boy eats cheerios with such gusto, and if I get close enough, he'll share and giggle when I crunch up a cheerio.

Like how the little puppy toy on a string can make The Boy giggle uncontrollably if he thinks the puppy is chasing him.

Like how he'll run over to me for no reason, hug my knees, then run back to his trucks.

The days are long, but the years are short. So I need to get defunkafied now, so I don't miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment